• Wednesday, Sept 16 -
Today we drove to Cape Cod. It was a whopping 1hr50min drive and I am in awe at how quickly it went. Having lived in Worcester for over 4 years and never been to Cape Cod. I am a little shocked and surprised, but in my defense I had never had a reason to go, and any reason would have been too expensive anyway.
My in-laws rented a little cottage by the beach. It is located in a beautiful small neighborhood bordering a golf course. Upon entry, you are met with a foot mat that is made out of a thick rope in knots. Sea shells and mermaid motifs line the walls and the shelves. There is a book, a guide on how to brush the sand for treasures. I skimmed it, half reading and half listening to my husband tell my in-laws some story. To the left of the book was a shallow trinket dish in the shape of a shell... oh wait! it's an actual shell. It has that soft yet rustic feeling of shell, like what I image bones would feel like.
We went out for dinner, at the The! Best! Place! for Lobster rolls! to be fair, it was a cute little place, with antique shops and those lightbulbs that make every ambiance super boho and beach-like looking. It was nice. The Lobster roll was deliciou, bit too much lobster but no complains because it has been the most lobster we've ever gotten on a lobster roll before. My mother-in-law thought it was too much lobster and too filling. We could have gone by with 2 or 3 for the 4.5 of us, our clam chowder included. She added cocktail sauce to it and mentioned how it had gained some flavor. Me, who hadn't added 4 lemon juice to it agreed. My husband was pleased with his lemon drowned lobster and downed it.
• Thursday, Sept 17-
Woke up late today, around 10am. It is a pleasant yet not so pleasant. Pleasant because waking up past 9 with a toddler is a feat in it of its own and not pleasant because I want to be a person who wakes up early and has their coffee and thinks and journals, you know? But with a toddler, it is it's own story. Anyway, I did wake up and after the commotion of changing diaper and clothes and brushing teeth and hairs, I finally made it downstairs. My wonderful in-laws had a breakfast array on the table. Pancakes. Syrup and utentils arrayed and everything. Coffee was on the island. Hot water, instant coffee and the creamer. Greeks love instant coffee. I kind of get it, it is is quick and tastes.. not too bad. it has grown on me.
We took a drive to a lighthouse. It was a beautiful drive. The houses scream rich! and money! with their own boats parked in the lots where cars are supposed to go. Houses with triangle shaped windows and windows on the ceilings. I thought of ways to signal to my husband that hey!!!!!! maybe we should buy a house up here, teehee! I didn't and don't need to say much, because I believe he is as enamored as I am. I hope that is an enamor that goes beyond daydreaming as is for me and turns into an enamor that means house-buying for him. After the lighthouse we stopped at a side-of-the-road beach.